The building was constructed as a school in 1876 but the school closed in 1984
The buildings were used as craft workshops for a few years and then the village bought it from the then Avon County Council in 1994. The renovation & conversion to a hall was carried out by voluntary labour and it was opened on April 22nd 1995.
The new annex was opened in October 2008.
The hall is owned by the Parish Council but managed by the charity “Tytherington Village Hall”. There are three trustees and a management committee. The committee includes the three trustees and representatives of the village organisations that use the hall. To book the Hall call 415523.
Tea and Chat (Fortnightly for the elderly)
St. James’s Church
Junior Football Club
St. Johns Ambulance (weekly)
Thornbury Theatre and Music group
Several Brownie / Guide packs